The Warriors’ Angels (WA) Coordination Liaison (WACL) is a virtual volunteer role for Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet© acting on behalf of the Organization and responsible for coordinating, managing and overseeing the Warriors’ Angels program within their assigned designated area.
This position reports to the appropriate state WA Program Director.
This position is responsible for fundraising, attending local events as a representative of the organization, or doing presentations except in the state of Texas.
- Assists the WA Program Director in recruiting volunteers for a support team within their assigned designated area consisting of a state level Admin Assistant assisting the Assistant Liaison with the admin work involved and an Outreach Liaison who will represent the program in designated areas with local media contacts and participation in local events that we have been invited to do so and will be a benefit to the program by having an “Information Table” at such events. The program’s State Liaison and National Program Director assists with recruiting effort where needed.
- Assists and works with the program’s Clients and their Primary Care Managers (PCMs) in the preparing of the program’s Application plus be able to provide information and documentation regarding the program, how it works, the Client’s Bill of Rights and what is expected from the Client.
- Assists the WA Program Director in educating the general public about service members and veterans with PTSD and the Warriors’ Angels program.
- The assigned designated area’s program “Coordination Liaison” interacting with others including but not limited to VA medical centers, military installations with Warrior Transition Units/Brigades, approved area program Training and Certification Exam service providers, other military/veteran organizations, and those with a need to know in civilian communities within their assigned designated areas.
- Schedules and participates in required meetings that may include all or only certain participates as the Applicant, their PCM (where appropriate), local animal shelter or rescue, assigned Trainer and the approved program’s Certification Exam Tester.
- Schedules the Training start date with the approved program Trainer and the program’s Certification Exam with the approved AKC CGC Tester following completion of the training and notification from the Trainer the Team is ready to be tested for program certification.
- Notifies via email the WA Program Director-TX appropriate information related to the official selection of the “Assistance Service Canine” (name and date officially determined to be qualified candidate for training) and the Team’s Handler (name), start date of program training for the Team and who the WA Trainer is, end date of program training and official confirmation from the Trainer that the Team is ready to take the program’s Certification Exam, scheduled date for the Certification Exam to be taken, and confirmation the exam was taken with the results (Team passed exam or Team failed exam with additional training needed so Exam can be taken again).
- Maintains tracking workbook which includes basic information per “Team” within their assigned designated area and maintains a record of specific dates from time of receipt of a specific application to the day of the Team’s Graduation Day.
- Prepares the Organization’s monthly “Volunteer Service Hours” report for recording and reporting your time during a month, emailing report as an attachment to the National office no later than the 15th of the month following the reporting month.
- Prepares the Organization’s monthly “Travel/Mileage” report for reporting their travel and mileage for a specific month, emailing such report to the National office no later than the 15th of the month following the reporting month.
- Attends and participates when possible events where the WA Outreach Liaison will have an “Information Table”.
- Check the official program assigned email account on a daily basis.
- Maintains open communications with the designated area support team members and the State Liaison on a timely basis either via email, or phone. Use of texting and/or any social media venue is not to be used for contacting program supporters/sponsors, potential Clients, etc., or other volunteers within the organization for any reason.
- At such time as the volunteer advises the State Liaison they are stepping down from this volunteer role (in writing via email), the Assistant Liaison is responsible for providing an updated assigned designated area tracking workbook to the State Liaison, along with an email advising the State Liaison of any issues they have been working on at time the Assistant Liaison steps down. Same requirement if the organization advises the volunteer their volunteer role with the Organization has officially been terminated.
- A passion to help and support our military service members, wounded warriors, and veterans who have been medically diagnosed with PTSD, plus working with others who share this passion
- Be a self-starter, has excellent organizational, interpersonal, and management skills, plus able to work independently and as part of a “Team”.
- Understand and agree to follow and adhere to the Organization’s program purpose, paper trail and recordkeeping requirements, operating procedures, and program standards. Knowledge and/or prior experience related to individuals diagnosed with PTSD, and/or “assistance service animals” involving the “American Disability Act” (ADA) and the AKC “Canine Good Citizenship” CGC 10 step program definitely helpful.
- Knowledge and experience interacting with service members or veterans who have been medically diagnosed with PTSD, definitely helpful.
- Working knowledge with and access to MS office (such as Word, Excel) or similar software (Open Office)
- Ability and proficient in communicating via the internet, phone calls, and email.
- Prior Customer Service knowledge and experience helpful
- Previous volunteer nonprofit managerial experience preferred
- Able to commit at least 1 year in this position
- Estimated Program Volunteer Time per Month: averaging 35-40 hours
Back to the Volunteer Page.
Updated: 21 May 2017