The Social Media Administrator is a virtual volunteer role for Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet© responsible for monitoring, developing content and maintaining our social media strategy across various social media platforms. This position promotes our mission, programs, success stories and milestones through social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of social media technologies; exceptional writing abilities, creative thinking, promote engagement and take our social media initiatives to the next level. This position requires internal collaboration with our National Marketing Team.
This role reports to the National Marketing & Communications Director.
- Virtual volunteer where responsibilities can primarily be accomplished from the volunteer’s home, via email and telephone communications.
- Post content on platforms to engage with fans/followers
- Monitor and respond to conversations to ensure that questions are handled in a timely and professional manner
- Monitor trends in social media and marketing, appropriately applying this knowledge to organization’s platforms. Recommend new platforms as necessary to enhance the organization’s social media presence.
- Creates a social media calendar of items to post on a routine basis.
- Responds to inquiries from fans/followers in an accurate and professional manner.
- Check assigned email address a minimum 3 times a week.
- Maintain and provide a “Volunteer Service Hours” report to the National Office to include activities and hours involved on behalf of the organization.
- A passion to help our military service members, veterans, and their beloved pets plus work with other people who share this passion.
- Understands, follows, and adheres to the Organization’s mission, purpose, operating procedures, and organizational policies and guidelines.
- Professional, organized, reliable, able to work with a diverse group of people, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- 2-3 years of social media experience preferred
- Comfortable using and access to MS office (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good communication skills via the internet, phone calls, and email.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- A keen enthusiasm for and demonstrable understanding of social media trends and technologies
- Experience using Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook in a professional or business setting, with documented examples of content produced
Estimated Volunteer Time per Month:
- Average of 20 hours
Back to the Volunteer Page.
Updated: 20 May 2017