The primary role of the “Property Maintenance Committee” is to act as the program’s committee related to overall property maintenance and assisting in organizing projects at the Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet property. This committee will consist of 7-8 members (Chairperson and 6-7 committee members).
A great role for service members and veterans who want to give back.
Chairperson reports directly to the MVPS Program Director.
- Responsible for developing and implementing an action plan related to outside maintenance and various projects at the Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet property associated with the MVP Sanctuary program.
- Recruit volunteers within the area to assist with various on-site projects.
- Committee Chairperson attends and participates in an on-site monthly meeting with the MVPS Program Director.
- Prepares and submits a quarterly Activity Report to the National office by the 15th of the month following the reporting month.
- Prepares and submits a monthly “Volunteer Service Hours” (VSH) report to the National office by the 15th of the month following the report month – Example: Hours for Jan 2017, submitted by Feb 2017
- A passion to help our military service members, veterans, and their beloved pets plus work with other people who share this passion
- Professional, organized, reliable, able to work with a diverse group of people, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Understand, follow, and adhere to the Organization’s mission, purpose, operating procedures, and organizational policies and guidelines.
- Previous outside maintenance and small construction type projects experience helpful.
- Comfortable using and access to MS office (such as Word and Excel) or Open Office (word processing and spreadsheet programs), and communicating via the internet, phone calls, and email.
- Able to commit at least 6 months to a year /Minimum one weekend per month (average 4-6 hours).
Back to the Volunteer Page.
Updated: 20 May 2017