The National Marketing & Communications Director is a virtual volunteer role for Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet© responsible for the organization’s marketing and communications strategy. As the leader of the National Marketing/Communications Team, this position overseas all areas of marketing and communication for the organization.
This role reports to the CEO.
- Develop creative marketing and communications strategies, plans and approaches to position the organization in front of different stakeholders (clients, potential donors, organizational volunteers and the general public).
- Identifies challenges and emerging issues that may face the organization. Works with National Headquarters to recognize internal and external communications opportunities.
- Acts as a resource on best marketing/communications practices to other volunteers.
- Brand Management
- Ensure the brand meets the guidelines of the style guide.
- Overseas any new development of the organization’s brand with the Graphic Designer.
- Acts as a brand ambassador to the public and internal volunteers.
- Overseas all print collateral for the organization.
- Collaborates with Graphic Designer on content, layout, and design.
- Electronic Communications
- Plan the electronic communications editorial calendar (newsletters and email blasts) with Communications Manager.
- Collaborates with the Blog Editor on potential articles for the organization’s blog.
- Drafts internal communication items to distribute to volunteers.
- Reviews all electronic communication items prior to distribution.
- Social Media
- Overseas social media program.
- Develops web strategy, any new webpages and ensures that website is up-to-date with the Webmaster.
- Media Relations
- Exercises judgment to prioritize media opportunities to present to the Board and CEO.
- Reviews all talking points to ensure that the organizations key messages are conveyed and are consistent.
- Serves as the Media Contact in there is no Media Relations Manager in place.
- Staff Management
- Recruit and manage National Marketing Team to support all marketing and communications efforts.
- Mentor and train volunteers on an as needed basis based on skill levels.
- Responsible to check official email account on a daily basis.
- Provide updates to CEO on a monthly basis.
- Prepares and submits the monthly “Volunteer Service Hours” report to the National office
- A passion to help our military service members, veterans, and their beloved pets plus work with other people who share this passion
- Writing and editing experience.
- Understand, follow, and adhere to the Organization’s mission, purpose, operating procedures, and organizational policies and guidelines.
- Professional, organized, reliable, able to work with a diverse group of people, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable using and access to MS office pro (such as Word, Excel, Power Point), communicate via the internet, phone calls, and email.
- Comfortable promoting the organization and mission with family, friends, co-workers, and other military/veteran organizations
- Marketing, Communications, or Media Relations background preferred.
- Able to commit at least 1 year in this position
- Estimated Time Per Month: averaging 25-35 hours
Back to the Volunteer Page.
Updated: 22 May 2017