This volunteer role with Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet provides leadership, grant research/development, and management of all fundraising efforts where the “Director” creates and coordinates programs to increase the organization’s support base among individuals, corporations, charitable foundations, and additional sources.
Being a new volunteer role in the organization, the chosen Development Director volunteer will have the opportunity to build the development function.
The Development Director reports to the National CEO to be responsible for locating, identifying, approaching, and soliciting major donors for annual and capital gifts.
- Plan and administer all fund-raising programs and activities of the organization
- Oversee the development team, ensuring staffs and systems operate smoothly and within budget
- Develop and coordinate any and all capital campaigns for buildings, expansions, and other programs.
- Produce and provide regular detailed accountability reports about the organization’s finances and fundraising operations
- Offer creative and active leadership for the organization at large
- Spearhead efforts to identify and obtain individual, corporate, and foundation contributions
- Produce proposals, sponsorship invitations, and requests for grants for procuring funds for organizational efforts and needs
- Oversee preparation and production of all promotional mailings, printed pieces, and web communications as related to fundraising with the organization’s CEO and Marketing Director.
- Solicit and cultivate strategic donors
- Devise and execute annual fundraising plans, special events, and programs.
- Serve as fund-raising liaison with the organization’s CEO.
- A passion to help our military service members, veterans, and their beloved pets plus work with other people who share this passion
- Professional, organized, reliable, able to work with a diverse group of people, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experienced in grant research and grant writing.
- Understand, follow, and adhere to the Organization’s mission, purpose, operating procedures, and organizational policies and guidelines.
- Comfortable using and access to MS office (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) or Open Office, and communicating via the internet, phone calls, and organization emails via a desktop or laptop computer.
- Able to commit at least 1 year in this position/Average hours per month: 35-40
Back to the Volunteer Page.
Updated: 21 May 2017