The state level Community Outreach Liaison (COL) is a virtual volunteer role for Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet© acting as the liaison between the organization and his/her local community and surrounding areas. The target objectives are: 1) to interact with the military and community news outlets and 2) to represents the organization at information tables at various civilian and military held events within their respective local area and state
This role (1) reports to the National Marketing & Communications Director; and (2) is NOT responsible for fundraising efforts.
- Represents the organization at the state level with military and non-military media contacts.
- Educates the civilian and military communities about who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local media and military public affair offices to promote the organization.
- Contributes to the organization’s newsletter and blog as appropriate.
- Identifies, contacts, and maintains a list of potential events within their state where an “Information Table” could be set up and make the necessary contacts/arrangements to be in attendance at such events.
- Works with organizations/businesses who have contacted Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet (national or state level) requesting our presence at a fundraiser they are holding where the organization has been designated to receive the net proceeds from such event.
- Submits any documents required to be prepared by an Event Host in order for our participation at such event to the National office for review and official required signature.
- Recruit volunteers within the area of the event to participate at a specific event with the Information Table (if necessary).
- Works with the National Marketing & Communications Director to get the word out about Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet’s participation at these events.
- Complete understanding of the organization and its mission.
- Checks the official assigned email account on a daily basis
- Maintain open communications with the assigned Regional or State volunteers and the National office on a timely basis via email or phone.
- Respond to any requests from the assigned Regional or State volunteers and/or the National office in a timely and professional manner
- Prepares and submits the monthly “Volunteer Service Hours” report to the National Office by the 15th of the month following the reporting month.
- A passion to help our military service members, veterans, and their beloved pets plus work with other people who share this passion.
- Professional, organized, reliable, able to work with a diverse group of people, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Understand, follow, and adhere to the Organization’s mission, purpose, operating procedures, and organizational policies and guidelines.
- Previous public relations and/or military public affairs officer experience preferred.
- Comfortable using and access to MS office (such as Word, Excel, Power Point) or equivalent software such as “Open Office” (compatible with MS Office software) and able to communicate via the internet, phone calls, and email.
- Able to commit at least 1 year in this position
Estimated Volunteer Time per Month:
- average of 25-30 hours
Back to the Volunteer Page.
Updated: 20 May 2017