The primary role of the “Capital Project Event Committee” is to act as the program’s committee related to organizing events at the Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet property. This committee will consist of 5-6 members (Chairperson and 4-5 committee members).
Reports directly to the Capital Project Director and interacts with the Capital Projects Outreach and Fundraising Committees.
- Responsible for developing and implementing an action plan for identifying and participating in events held in and around the Killeen/Fort Hood area and “on-site” fundraising events (minimum 2 per year) for raising awareness and funds for Capital Project..
- Maintains a list of Supporters within the Central TX area.
- Submits any documents required to be prepared by an Event Host in order for our participation at such event to the National office for review and official required signature.
- Recruit volunteers within the area of the event to help at specific events.
- Committee Chairperson attends and participates with an on-site monthly meeting with the Capital Project Director and National CEO.
- Prepares and submits quarterly Activity Report to the National office by the 5th of the month following the reporting month – Example: Reporting 1st Quarter 2023, submit by April 5, 2023
- Prepares and submits a monthly “Volunteer Service Hours” (VSH) report to the National office by the 5th of the month following the report month – Reporting Jan 2023, submitted by Feb 5, 2023
- Passion to help our military service members, veterans, and their beloved pets plus work with other people who share this passion
- Professional, organized, reliable, able to work with a diverse group of people, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Understand and adhere to the Organization’s mission, purpose, operating procedures, and organizational policies and guidelines.
- Previous public speaking experience helpful.
- Has own computer (desktop or laptop).
- Comfortable using and access to MS Office Pro or Open Office and communicating via Internet, phone, & email.
- Able to commit at least 1 year in this position – Average hours per month average between 25 -30 hours
Back to the Volunteer Page.