The bookkeeper for Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet© is responsible for “day-to-day” bookkeeping functions of the organization using such software programs as QuickBooks, Word, and Excel.
This volunteer position reports to National CEO.
- Manage all aspects of day to day bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not limited to: A/P, A/R, journal entries, and bank reconciliation in accordance to GAAP.
- Prepare Journal Entries for prepaid expense
- Prepare appropriate QuickBook entries for all donations and invoices in a timely manner.
- Record all organizational revenue.
- Perform annual 1099 reporting process for vendors.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including standard financial reports, and grant-specific financial reports.
- Work closely with the National CEO in preparation of year-end financial reports and IRS 990 Pro Forma and IRS 990N filings.
- Support CEO and Treasurer in development and analysis of annual organization budget.
- Support Executive Director and Program Directors in developing grant proposal budgets.
- Maintain accounting procedures and policies and systems of internal controls to ensure the integrity of all financial systems.
- Perform non-routine tasks requiring strong judgment and initiative.
- Prepares and submits the monthly “Volunteer Service Hours” report to the National Office by the 15th of the month following the reporting month – Example: Report of Jan 2017 submitted by Feb 15, 2017.
- Have or working toward an Accounting degree or in business management.
- Experience working in nonprofit multi-fund accounting preferred
- Knowledgeable with Quickbooks, including all normal accounting transactions, GL management, budgeting, and reporting preferred but will train.
- Strong Excel skills
- Detailed orientated with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Attention to detail, strong communication, and problem-solving are all critical skills for success in this role.
- Commitment to a minimum of 1 year
- Volunteer hours: 12 hours per week
Back to the Volunteer Page.
Updated: 20 May 2017