The primary role of the “MVPS Outreach Committee” is responsible for to reaching out to the civilian and military communities in Central TX. This committee may consist of 5-6 members (Chairperson and 4-5 committee members).
Reports directly to the MVPS Program Director and interacts with the Event and Fundraising Committees.
- Responsible for getting the word out about the MVPS program including but not limited to the media and other military/veteran organizations in around the Killeen/Fort Hood area including but not limited to Austin, Gatesville, Copperas Cove, Killeen, Waco, Temple, and Belton.
- Maintains a list of Central TX media outlets and other interested parties within the Central TX area.
- Submits any proposed articles to the MVPS Program Director for review and approval.
- Committee Chairperson attends and participates in an on-site monthly meeting with the MVPS Program Director.
- Prepares and submits a quarterly Activity Report to the National office by the 15th of the month following the reporting month – Example: Report covers 1st Qtr. 2017, submitted by April 15, 2017
- Prepares and submits a monthly “Volunteer Service Hours” (VSH) report to the National office by the 15th of the month following the reporting month – Example: Report for hours covering Jan 2017 submitted by Feb 15, 2017
- A passion to help our military service members, veterans, and their beloved pets plus work with other people who share this passion
- Professional, organized, reliable, able to work with a diverse group of people, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Understand, follow, and adhere to the Organization’s mission, purpose, operating procedures, and organizational policies and guidelines.
- Previous public speaking experience helpful.
- Comfortable using and access to MS office (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) or Open Office, and communicating via the internet, phone calls, and email.
- Able to commit at least 1 year in this position
- Average hours per month: “On-site” monthly meeting (Chairperson: 2-3 hours)/ Entire Committee Off-Site – average 20 –25 hours per month
Back to the Volunteer Page.
Updated: 20 May 2017