Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet “Military, Veteran, and Pet Sanctuary – TX”© (MVP Sanctuary-TX©) program/capital project purpose announced in February 2007 is another way to honor, remember, and support our military/ veteran communities, fallen warriors, military working dogs, and PTSD assistance canines by developing, establishing, and maintaining the MVP Sanctuary in Coryell County Texas (outside of Gatesville. TX).
Questions or interested parties who wish to become involved with this program/capital project may contact our CEO (Linda Spurlin-Dominik) by phone (254-248-1818) or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are looking toward forming various volunteer committees and looking for major donors and corporate sponsors. Volunteer opportunities information is provided HERE (National Office On-Site Volunteer Roles – MVP Sanctuary).
- Official National Office: approximately 800-1,000 square foot building to act as the Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet “National” office to perform required “day-to-day” operations of the organization and required administration of the organization’s programs.
- 3 Memorial Gardens:: involves develop of 3 separate memorial gardens related to (1) “Fallen Warriors” including TX Law Enforcement and First Responders; (2) “Military Working Dogs (MWDs)” ; and (3) “Remembering our Pets”.
- Event and Picnic Activities: dedicated areas for picnics/BBQs, events for our military and veteran community, covered pavilions, areas for activities such as volleyball, basketball, and horseshoes, and fundraising events for Guardian Angels for Soldier’s Pet needs and work in collaboration with other 501c3 military and veteran support organizations supporting all of our efforts
- Warriors’ Angels Training Facility: dedicated facility for training Warriors’ Angels (WA)Teams (Veteran Handler & Assistance Service Canine) in and around the Central Texas area. Full details about the Warriors’ Angels – TX provided HERE
Cost for the development of the MVP Sanctuary-TX (MVPS-TX) is currently being reviewed due to the move from 14.75 acres on FM 1783 to 5 acres at 402 Barton Ln (South Mountain area). We are looking at approximately $175,000 to $200,000 for the development and implementation of the GAfSP National Office, the WA-TX Training Facility, and extending utilities (electric, water, septic tank) plus extending the driveway to the new buildings.
- MVP Sanctuary Program/Project Director
- MVP Sanctuary Fundraising Committee
- MVP Sanctuary Event Committee
- MVP Sanctuary Outreach Committee
“On-Site” security is being provided 24 hours/7 days a week to ensure property is secure and properly maintained with an on-site manufactured home which currently is (1) handling our national day-to-day operations until we can establish the official National HQ building and (2) the current residence for the CEO who is also responsible for the 24/7 property security.
With the establishment of the separate “Official National Office”, the manufactured home will continue as the residence of the individual responsible for the 24/7 property security and maintenance.